Saturday, May 19, 2012

Catching Up

I know it's been awhile since I last posted, but it has been a crazy few weeks. My last post was about my first 10K race, which also happened to be the last day of my April vacation for school. Going back to school meant standardized testing time! As a special educator, this is one of the busiest times of the year for me because I have to make sure that I have all of the tools and resources that my students need to succeed ready to go prior to starting there tests. Add on top of that the normal day-to-day paperwork, parent conferences and preparing for summer tutoring, I don't think I had a second to breathe at school, never mind with training and being a mom.

During this time, I celebrated my first Mother's Day (more to come in a later post!) and experienced an unexpected death in my family (also, more to come as I'd like to share some of the wonderful things I've learned from my grandfather), resulting in what seems like forever since when I was able to post. I am hoping to be more faithful with my blogging as the school year is winding down and I am gaining more free time at the end of the day. This is only a short post, but it's mostly for my own benefit to hold myself accountable for staying on top of this blog.

So, I am saying thank you to those people who do read this blog. I know this blog is in the beginning stages and I have a long way to go, but thank you for helping me develop my skill as a writer.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment